Heating water accounts for a large part of your energy bill. Installing a more efficient hot water system or replacing an old system can save you money.
Existing electric system
You could be eligible for an Energy Saver Incentive upgrade to your water system by:
- adding a solar retrofit kit to your existing electric hot water system
- replacing your system with a high-efficiency gas/LPG hot water system
- replacing your system with an electric-boosted solar hot water system or heat pump water heater
- replacing your system with a gas/LPG solar-boosted hot water system.
To compare the monthly cost of operating different hot water systems visit our appliance calculator.
Existing gas system
If you have gas hot water at home or work, you could be eligible if you:
- add a solar pre-heater to your existing gas/LPG hot water system
- replace your old system with a solar-boosted hot water system.
Further information about hot water systems and savings is available from Sustainability Victoria.