Energy Savvy Upgrades
The Victorian Government is providing assistance to households experiencing energy stress to keep energy bills in check. The Energy Savvy Upgrades program will partner with community organisations to offer subsidised energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades to a limited number of low income households; for example, concession card holders, people living with a chronic or ongoing medical condition or mobility issues.
Participating households can expect to receive:
- an in-home energy assessment to find the biggest opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of their home. The cost of the assessment is $100, however households conducting upgrades as a result of the assessment will have the fee credited against the cost of the upgrades
- free guidance on the use of Victorian Energy Compare to help householders choose the best energy plan to suit their needs. More information can be found here
- a generous Government subsidy towards the cost of a home retrofit, which could include renovations such as sealing draughts, improving insulation and upgrading appliances to more energy efficient models. Upgrades will be performed by licensed and qualified tradespeople, and arranged by program staff on behalf of participating households
- free assistance to participate in the Solar Homes package.
The program will be delivered across regions of Victoria between now and March 2021.
Households that have received upgrades through other Home Energy Assist programs are not eligible to receive further upgrades through the Energy Savvy Upgrades program
If you would like to register your interest in participating as a household or a supplier, please email Scorecard@delwp.vic.gov.au, providing the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your postcode
- Your phone number
- Whether you are a household looking for an upgrade, or a supplier who wants to participate in the program.
Page last updated: 06/04/20