Energy Savvy Upgrades
The Victorian Government is providing assistance to households experiencing energy stress to keep energy bills in check. The Energy Savvy Upgrades program will partner with community organisations to offer subsidised energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades to a limited number of households struggling to pay energy bills for reasons like living on a low income, living with a chronic or ongoing medical condition or mobility issues, caring for family members or loss of employment.
Participating households can expect to receive:
- an in-home energy assessment to find the biggest opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of their home. The cost of the assessment is $100, however households conducting upgrades as a result of the assessment will have the fee credited against the cost of the upgrades
- free guidance on the use of Victorian Energy Compare to help householders choose the best energy plan to suit their needs. More information can be found here.
- a generous Government subsidy towards the cost of a home retrofit, which could include renovations such as sealing draughts, improving insulation and upgrading appliances to more energy efficient models. Upgrades will be performed by licensed and qualified tradespeople, and arranged by program staff on behalf of participating households
- free assistance to participate in the Solar Homes package.
Households that have received upgrades through other Home Energy Assist programs are not eligible to receive further upgrades through the Energy Savvy Upgrades program
All places in the program outside of the areas nominated below are now full. If you live in one of the areas below and would like to sign up or find out more about the program, please contact the provider for your area directly.
Banyule, Brimbank, Darebin, Hobsons Bay, Hume, Moreland and Whittlesea
Draught Busters: www.draughtbusters.com.au or 1300 130 364
Shire of Hepburn
U Pocket: www.upocket.com.au/ or 9811 7043
Otherwise please email email@example.com, providing the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your suburb or township and postcode
- Your phone number
Page last updated: 31/08/21